The time has come for our City Council to represent the needs of all of Santa Rosa. Over the past thirty years, there have been only four Councilmembers from the West side of town. Simply put, our current system is unbalanced.
Click here for full map
Help us ensure that our City government reflects the vibrant geographic, age, economic and ethnic diversity of our City. It’s time for new perspectives and fresh ideas on our Council. District Elections will unite Santa Rosa, and promote a shared responsibility to tackle our toughest challenges together.
Vote Yes on Measure Q!
Councilmembers From YOUR Neighborhood
- A closer connection with your representative because they will be from your neighborhood.
- They will be more familiar with your parks, potholes, local businesses and the safety of you and your family.
Will Give Underrepresented Areas of the City
- Improved Access and Accountability at City Hall
- Representatives will be more accountable to the needs of all areas of the city.
- Promote thriving, diverse neighborhoods through better partnerships between neighborhoods, community organizations
and the City.
District Elections Will Save Our City Money
- Elections by District will save our City $30,000-$40,000 every election cycle.
- Unless we pass District Elections now, we face the distinct possibility of facing a multi-million dollar lawsuit for violating the California Voting Rights Act.
New Ideas and a Shared Responsibility for Our City
- Ensure more vibrant and effective representation on our City Council, boards
- Councilmembers will more closely reflect the geographic, age, economic and ethnic diversity of our City.
- Candidates will be able to communicate with voters more effectively for a fraction of the cost than under our current system.
These are pdf files. Download Acrobat Reader.